Sunday 13 March 2011

COMPETITION IS DEAD

Sam Lamara, C.E.O. and producer of ROOTA RECORDS, is a genius.

This one night he sent Enygma, Lyrikal Proof, GNL, Atlas, Pl@y and myself a beat and said he wanted us to jump on it and "body the beat".
We all got to downloading but Lyrikal Proof was quicker with everything than the rest of us; he got the concept of the song, wrote the hook and two 16-bar verses. Mind you, the song was supposed to have one 12-bar verse from all of us.
We went in at different times to record but each time someone would go in, he'd find another MC - not part of the original 6 - there. And before you knew it, this new MC would get in the booth and lay down a 12-bar verse. The song now has 18 MCs and it is a PROBLEM.

For everyone who never knew how lyrically tight Ugandan MCs are, this is the song you MUST listen to.

THE MITH:

The nicest when I write - I'm Phil Jackson, I know how to win with mics (Mikes) - 
Been dope way before you called Jesus/ Christ - He's the type to punch through you/ 
to peek into the afterlife - The Mith Music Group/ each bar is tight - And I never see defeat/
I'm barbaric with words/ in a bar fight - Get your lights knocked out/ on [Knights] nights out like Suge - 
You'll get thrown in the trunk/ nigga you're far from Hood - 
I am not one for the lime light - I am for the high beams -
Dan Brown/ each verse is a movie scene
I have no choice but to be fly - 
Nose up in the air my jeans (genes) say it/ you should Levi (Leave I)

Enjoy the song.





1 comment:

  1. "You'll get thrown in the trunk/ nigga you're far from Hood"

    I have a confession to make. This line blew past me for several months on facebook posts. But the moment I heard the song and The Mith deliver it, it was like my mama slapped me. The punch in that line landed.
    #JAW BREAKER.

    p.s>Decode for them man. Decode!

    So Severe

    ReplyDelete