Thursday 3 March 2011

THE WEEK OF SEPTEMBER

I keep getting asked, "Why that name for an album?" It's very simple. I was born on September 8th (1990 :-)) and I started conceptualizing my album in the month of September 2005.
A couple of weeks before P-Tech passed away.
Originally, the album was supposed to center around my life. From my early days in Safari Kindergarten, to now. 
But I realised THAT album would be hard to digest and equally hard to deliver in Uganda. So that idea was thrown in the backseat and the punchlines, metaphors, wit, tough talk and all the sleekness and charm  in me took the front seat.

The album though shouldn't be dismissed because of that. No. It's definitely going to be a more rounded album than what most people listen to. 
Definitely going to draw from a lot of what the Ugandan public goes through. It has to really. That's the only life I have known, lived.

The Week Of September, or TWOS as I call it, (I'm really a Hillsider deep down) is real life. So I'm treating it that way. I get angry. I get happy. I get boisterous. I get bossy, shit. I damn near get horny on this album. Basically, I get real. Hope you will like what I deliver.

My Supporting cast:
* Navio
* Nonini
* Percussion Discussion Africa
* Don M.C.
* Tickie Tah
* Naava... And loads more

Chairman Of The Boards:
* Emon
* Aethan
* Koz N Effekt
* Hannz Tactiq
* Sam Lamara

THE MITH
-THE WEEK OF SEPTEMBER-

No one does it better/
Black, Yellow Red on, it's NEVER looked fresher.

No comments:

Post a Comment