Thursday 10 March 2011

MY QUOTE PROCESS

The idea of words and their power has always excited me, and a lot of people. I guess that's why when Arnold said "I'll be back", we were taken aback.We all knew he was going to kill dude, but he just let us know he was going to be back, so now we wanted to know the How, the When and in What way.


To me, when a concept comes up that I have to write about, I think, How am I going to capture the listener's attention?


And the more important question, when? When am I going to make the listener feel like we all did when Arnold did when he said, "I'll be back"?
That to me is the most important. And I realised early in my writing, the "When" is immediately.


"It's that Presidential flow/ you know Amin?" (know what I mean?) - Kampala Sibizimbe.
"My lines are infinite/on any track I punch lines and each line is different" - Line4Line
"Bagamba 'guy oyo/ King like Oyo" - Boss Vaawo.
"Lights, Camera Satisfaction/ that means Action" - Fire.


I try as hard as I can to be current with my lines. This is a problem because I'm usually stuck in a magazine or a book. That makes it hard with trying to be current. But people have to have something to relate to.


"I lead in the lane, from Gulu to Mbarara/ I sleep with the game, your balls stay blue, Avatar" - This Is It.
"Mess with me or my crew/ and I'll have rocks thrown at you, Olara Otunnu." - I Got It


Verses for me MUST have a lot of sleek talk. I feel that's what separates a good verse from a very dope verse.


"They talk sleek around here/ but me, I'm Tullow" - Big is Me.
"My wrist attracts females/ Call it Juma Seiko" - Big is Me.


Those are a few of the things I try to incorporate in my writing. Those and the flow as well as staying on the subject.


-The nicest when I write/ I'm Phil Jackson, I know how to win with mics-

No comments:

Post a Comment